For mainsail handling, the details make the difference. When it comes to the details, Harken does it best. Both CB and Slider Battcar systems use the same track. Mix low-profile Slider cars with free-rolling CB cars to optimize cost and performance and tailor a system to your needs.
- 1. Strong, Light Car Body - One-piece solid aluminum construction is lightweight and strong. Black Hardkote-anodized, Teflon®-impregnated for scratch-resistance, UV and corrosion. protection.
- 2. Compact Slider Cars Compact design reduces weight and stack height. Slider compound is low friction and cost effective.
- 3. No-Spill Captive Bearings. Wire guides keep balls captive making cars easy to load and maintain. Bearings circulate smoothly so mainsail douses quickly on all points of sail.
- 4. Threaded Toggle-Stud. Handles twisting, angled, compression/tension loads.
- 5. Tough, Durable Track. Hardkote-anodized track accepts both free-rolling CB cars and low-friction Slider cars.
- 6. Universal Headboard Car Assembly. Fits most standard mainsail headboards. Two-car design handles high leech loads.
- 7. Easy-Remove Screwpin Endstop. Unscrew track endstop to easily remove cars and mainsail. System B CB has quick release pins on cars to remove just the mainsail.
- 8. Mast-Up Owner Installation. A track and slug system installs on masts with internal track—no drilling or tapping. Flanged track glues onto carbon spars. Boltrope groove for racing or trysails.
Custom Harken installations are available by Torresen Marine. Contact the Torresen Service Department by email or call 231-759-8596.